Along with some more information, courtesy of Famitsu.com. As previously reported, the upcoming PS3 game, Macross 30: Ginga o Tsunagu Utagoe, will be released in February 2013. We now have an exact date for that release: 28. February 2013. There will be two separate editions of the game sold, the regular edition will cost 8380 JPY, and a "30th Anniversary Super Galaxy Box" edition (30周年超銀河箱). As is usually the case, the special edition will be produced in limited quantities, so pre-order while you can.
The special edition will include:
- 1 copy of Macross 30: Ginga o Tsunagu Utagoe with special skins taken from the Macross Triangle Frontier and Macross Ultimate Frontier PSP games
- A limited-edition box with artwork drawn by Tenjin Hidetaka
- CG Animated special "Get in on-Flying Rock" and "BurningFire" (yes, those are "Engrish")
- A 90-minute documentary featuring interviews with multiple voice actors from the Macross franchise who appear in the Macross 30 PS3 game, as well as series-creator Shoji Kawamori
- Conceptual sketches for the animation used in the Macross 30 PS3 game
- Limited edition animation cels of characters and/or mecha from the Macross franchise
- Selection of posters created to celebrate Macross' 30th anniversary in various campaigns and events
- A 30th Anniversary Booklet detailing Macross' 30 year history in television film and games, which will include DLC codes for special (unique) skins for the VF-1S and VF-25.
The "Super Galaxy Box" will (naturally) cost quite a bit more, at 11800 JYP (approximately 40% more).
The first print fun of both editions of the game will include an early-unlock code and special skin for the YF-29 Durandel.
*Please note that this is the result of a very hasty translation made in about a 40-second window (busy day) so some items may be in error. Please correct me where (if) I'm wrong.