Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Macross 30: The Song that Ties the Galaxy Announced for PS3.

Finally, the new PS3 Macross game teased last month has been officially announced. It is titled Macross 30: The Song that Ties the Galaxy (Ginga o Tsunagu Utagoe, 銀河を繋ぐ歌声). As I predicted, the game is being developed by ArtDink, who have been responsible for numerous Macross titles on the Playstation Portable, several bit-size Macross mini-games packaged in Hybrid Packs on the Playstation 3, as well as the popular Gundam Battle series on the PSP and Playstation Vita.




Information on the game is still somewhat sparse (and, as you can see, I'm not exactly working with the easiest to read images here) but there are a number of things we can see about the new game. Other than, you know, "D-D-DECULTURE!!!!"

Much like the PSP games, Macross 30 will include pilots, mechs and missions spanning the entirety of the Macross franchise, including Super Dimensional Fortress Macross, Macross 7, Macross Plus, Macross Zero and Macross Frontier. Playable Valkyries depicted in the VF-25, VF-19 (and the YF-19 prototype), the VF-0A, and the VF-1S. Considering past games, it's a fair to decent bet we'll see all of the animated mechs playable, from the delicious VF-171EX all the way to the Zentraedi battlepods and Vajra berserkers.

Honestly, this game is shaping up to be everything I want. Dare I call it early as the ultimate, perfect Macross game? I think I will. Artdink has a very, very solid track record. Their most recent game, Gundam Seed Battle Destiny for the Playstation Vita, played very well and was absolutely gorgeous. This is one title you can damned well bet I'll be pre-ordering as soon as I am physically able. Which reminds me, I ought to go check Play-Asia right now....

It is worth pointing out that none of Artdinks previous titles have incorporated online multiplayer, and there's no indication of multiplayer for Macross 30. That doesn't rule it out, but at this point I would not -expect- an online component.

1 comment:

  1. Loved the PSP games, can't wait for this one.

    ReplyDelete