Saturday, January 28, 2012

Macross: The First Volume 01 Chapter 02 Notes

Another week, another chapter of Mikimoto's Macross Manga! And even better, it wraps up the entire first volume of the manga.




Yeah, I marathoned through that translation like a pro. Seriously, though: my eyes. They burn.

Scanlation of The First shall be temporarily suspended. Why? I HAVE NO RAWS.  I've already ordered books 2 and 3, but I've no idea when they'll get here--it could be anywhere from 1 to 4 weeks from now. And once they arrive, I have to scan them--and then clean up the images. So, sadly, I most likely won't be able to release any more The First manga for until late February.

That said, once I get the books scanned and stuff I hope to (again) translate at blinding speed. By this spring, I hope to catch up with the manga's release in Japan--and stay there until it's over.

...

And to touch on a third and final point:

Some of you may have noticed I've been alternating which manga projects I release: that's because working on the same thing straight bores me to tears. This means I'll be picking  up another series to alternate with The Origin for a bit. Currently I've got my eyes on a couple of Gundam projects and a short Macross Frontier series. If there are any oft-overlooked (short) series you'd like to see scanlated, now's the time to suggest.

15 comments:

  1. These are ~long~ chapters. Thanks for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks bro..been a fans of macross forever u know..^^;

    ReplyDelete
  3. "If there are any oft-overlooked (short) series you'd like to see scanlated, now's the time to suggest."

    The Legend of Galactic Heroes manga.

    'Course, the only place I knew that had raws... had 'em on megauplaod.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Youve made my day man, you've surely made my day.

    Quick question though, will you translate the thing at the end of the second chapter? Its not important, but id like to know what it says.

    Thanks for the good work man,I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a brief interview with Mikimoto I may translate later. If you mean the little comic at the end, I'm not going to bother with that.

    It's basically one of those "staff" omakes, so it's not very funny or interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, just found out about this manga today read both chapter 1 and 2. Its awesome, keep up the good work. Can't wait for next chapter x.x i know late feb at earliest but I hope springs eternal.

    Once bought raws from japan supposed to take few weeks but I got them across the ocean in a single week. it surprised me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic work. I have both the volumes and the Ace Magazines where they originally appeared, but only 1 copy of each due to budget concerns. I know the story well enough that I can follow along by just looking at the art, but to see it translated like this is great. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ^--Yes, so far, it hasn't really deviated much from the anime. I'm really looking forward to see Mikimoto's take on the weaker elements of the series, which largely occur in the later half due to development issues mid-production.

    ...

    And I just got an email from Yes-Asia informing me that the expected ship date for my order has been delayed until mid-February. So even assuming there won't be any further delays... don't expect Volume 2 stuff 'til early March.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the tranlations--I can't wait to see volume 2!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "And I just got an email from Yes-Asia informing me that the expected ship date for my order has been delayed until mid-February"

    You gotta be shitting me.

    And yeah i meant the omake, well if its shit then its shit. Still godly that you even translated the thing. A thousand thanks, my friend

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you SO much for all the hard work you've put into the translations!!!! I've been a macross fan for years and couldn't wait for this..

    ReplyDelete
  12. So not rushing you or anything but any progress on volumes 2 and 3 yet? A confirmation that the project is still alive would be lovely

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic work! Any updates? We're dying over here!

    ReplyDelete