Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Gundam: The Origin Volume 04 Chapter 02 Posts

It's quite literally overflowing with "O__o" moments.


The Origin is filled with scenes like these. Really, it's crazy. And it's going to be animated!?!? I'll believe it when I see it. While from a narrative standpoint, it seems pretty pointless to adapt The Origin without doing a full-on remake approach (a full 50-episode TV series), I have a hard time imagining a TV series would have the necessary budget to properly animate the series. Of course, the longer on OVA, the more expensive and time-consuming it is (Unicorn's 6 episodes are taking 4 years!) so I imagine these are the same issues Bandai is struggling with, even now.*


*For the uninformed, after The Origin finished serialization, Bandai announced it would be animated! Possibly partially in response to negative fan feedback over Gundam AGE, which I'm actually quite enjoying. Anyway, that's about ALL they've decided--the actual format of the animation has yet to be determined, and we won't be getting any news on that until 2012. My bet is we won't hear anything one way or the other until the last episode of Unicorn is out next Winter, or maybe if we're lucky next Summer, when AGE ends.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the release! But i noticed that v03 part IV hasn't been scanlated. Can you do something about that ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think I'll get on that. I didn't want to start there in case Eikou had it half-finished or something, and it took me a while to get in touch.

    I'll probably try to go through it and get it out some time before releasing any of the Volume 5 stuff. Volume 4 ends the "Garma's Fate" arc, and V5 starts off Ramba Ral's arc which is... 2 or 3 volumes? Can't remember, but after V4 will be the easiest breaking-point for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reply

    ReplyDelete
  4. This file has been deleted too. Reupload please

    ReplyDelete