Monday, September 19, 2011

Gundam AGE-2 and AGE-3 Designs Unveiled

Lineart of the Gundam AGE-2 and AGE-3 in their primary (or base) configurations have been unveiled. Check 'em out.

 Personally, though both new designs appeal to me much more than the horridly uninspired AGE-1, I think they're a bit busy. I probably like the AGE-2 the best, due to it's relative simplicity, but I have a feeling I may prefer the AGE-3 in the end, depending one what the high-speed and armored variants look like.

At the very least, I think we can all agree that this is certainly Bandai's most creative attempt to shoehorn as many Gundams into a series as possible. It's certainly better than their previous approach (EVERYTHING IS GUNDAM!) but I'm a bit uncertain about how all of this will play out in the show. Thankfully, it starts up next month, so it won't be a long wait to find out.

(Images from CyberGundam)

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm...

    AGE-2 is distinctively Exia/00ish, which actually is a bit of a letdown to me, since I wasn't really a huge fan of Anno Domini MS designs.

    AGE-3, on the other hand, has a bit of a ZZ thing going on, and although a large portion of ZZ's story and characters were a giant shit sandwich, old school UC MS designs never go out of style.

    I think it's interesting how the three different eras of MS seem to have vastly different design ideas, almost like they were designed by 3 different teams. Suppose I should withhold final judgement until the other forms are revealed though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the ZZ-esque one, but the lower proportions (hips/legs/etc. are too small and narrow. Stupid anorexic mecha design!

    ReplyDelete