Monday, June 27, 2011

Official Gundam Blog: Survey #205 (Gundam Age)

I've recently become aware that the official Japanese Gundam Blog holds weekly polls. I thought to myself, hey, I should translate these! I'm currently working on translating all of the 200+ previous surveys, but in the meanwhile, let's look at the latest survey, dealing with the recent announcement of Mobile Suit Gundam Age.

#205: Mobile Suit Gundam Age has just been announced! Which aspect of this century-spanning story do you find the most interesting? (3,997 responses; 19. June 2011)
  • 49.06% - 100-year long story
  • 16.54% - Three generations of protagonists
  • 11.28% - Mysterious enemies, the "UE."
  • 10.38% - AGE Systems
  • 18.56% - AGE-1 Gundam
  • 02.13% - Garfan
  • 02.05% - Sparrow/Titus

Most of the surveys I've looked at so far tend to have between two to three times as many responses as this one. This could be indicative of a poor reception (i.e. fans aren't interested in any aspect of Gundam Age), a decrease of traffic to the official blog, or some other variable. Personally, I find the 100-year story and multi-generational concepts to both be very promising.

Translations of surveys 101-125 should be done today: will hope to get the other ~80 most recent surveys translated by this time next week. The site doesn't appear to host any of the older surveys (001-100), but I'm hoping to find them archived elsewhere.

2 comments:

  1. No surprise to see that the 100 year war thing is a the biggest draw. Reading your post a couple weeks ago actually changed my mind about being hopeful for this series (originally I wanted to /wrists over the character and mecha design), but I caught your cautious optimism :D.

    Hopefully, the people behind the show are seeing where the interest is and will cater to what fans clearly want out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear my optimism was contagious.

    ReplyDelete