Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Macross 1/100 Model Kit Series Unveiled: First Up, The YF-29

We finally get to see some nice images of the VF-29, slated to appear in the second Macross Frontier movie. That's a good thing, right?

  

Personally, I think it's just about the ugliest Valkyrie I've ever seen. Here's hoping it doesn't eat up too much screen time.

Anyway, this is apparently the first of a very new (and very welcome) line of cheap (and detailed) Macross model kits. With a price of only 1200 yen, it's very cheap. The trade off? It's fighter-mode only. But it is molded in color, has a transparent canopy, ~and~ comes with the stand pictured. Personally, I think it's a great deal and can't wait to see more Valkyries get some nice kits like this one.

From CyberGundam

6 comments:

  1. Not really feeling the design either. Feels like a retread to the M7 era, along with a combi of the Tornado VF-25 which I wasn't crazy about either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of a cross between a VF-19 and a SV-51. Though I see why they called it VF-29. Personally I like the forward-swept wing design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it. I want one in hyper sharp 1/72 trasnformable plamo! Just wish they could put superior poseability to that line of model kit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. bandai's Macross frontier model kits are the worst model kits that I have ever own.

    The material used with the 1/72 variable versions is like an egg shell.

    I bought Alto and Lucca's valkyries and I only finished Alto's.
    I worked really really hard to put nice detail on that set and in the end didn't wort the effort. So I let lucca's in the box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. same here, only in my case the one left unbuilt was Michael's.

    Guess I should be more wary--when HLJ discounts a product to 50% off less than 1 month after it's release, there's probably a good reason for it....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just got a YF-29 and VF-25 kit from HLJ. They seem... smaller than I expected, but otherwise they seem to be of fantastic quality for the price.

    ReplyDelete